Canon Pro

Website Redesign

Working in a tea of four to redesign Canon Pro as the go-to destination for amateur and professional photographers.



Working in Agile sprints we defined a fresh experience and identity for the Canon Pro Europe website that puts inspiring stories first. We wanted visitors to discover how professional photographers are capturing their stories with the Canon gear and how they too can take advantage of this.

For this project, we revisited the existing Canon Europe experience and design principles that we developed the year prior. Having this as a guide, we managed to come up with an experience that is consistent with Canon Europe and unique to fit the needs of these professional users.

Working in a small team of six, we successfully applied, adapted and updated the Canon Europe experience and design principles in a span of three months to meet the needs of the (aspiring) professionals.


My role

Due to tight timeframes, the team was split into two. I worked closely with one of the visual designer to design the components and templates. My tasks included sketching and wireframing the templates, mapping out the components for each template and defining the acceptance criteria, building prototypes in InVision, and conduct guerilla testing to validate our designs. In addition to this, I also designed UI elements alongside the visual designer to ensure the deadlines were always met.

By working efficiently we managed to finish all the templates and components a week before the deadline. The last week was used to test the new IA we proposed against Canon’s content plan for 2017 and beyond. For this we held an IA workshop with the client to gather the requirements. 

At the end of the project we delivered the extensively documented templates and components, a robust and easy to use IA that takes the future content plan.


Our process

For each sprint, that lasted two weeks, we carried out a discovery and concepting phase, quickly followed by sketching the different components that would make out the template. From this point we went straight into visual designs. I worked very closely with the visual designers to ensure their designs constantly align with the objective and with the needs of the client and users.

With the visual designs complete, we presented this back to the client, gathered the feedback, made the UX/UI amends, conducted guerilla testing with users, amended the designs one final time, and delivered the templates and components to the dev team.

The IA, wireframes, and visual designs were created in Sketch. To ensure everyone in the team always had the latest assets, we used the plugin Craft Library. For the prototypes we used the Craft plugin too. This was also a great tool for guerilla testing and gathering client feedback. To help visualise the experience for the components and templates, we created interactive animations using Flinto.


Next up